Friday, January 27, 2006


They are online! Son and Daughter in Law got back online, so now I can get pictures! Here's one... all together now.... awwwwww. I will be kind to my granddaughter, and won't post the bath pictures ;-)) I have the feeling she will keep her blue eyes, but I'll bet that her dark hair will all fall out and she'll end up a light brown/blonde mix.

I am still sniffly, but the cold isn't progressing terribly badly. Trying some herbal remedies, and they do seem to help. At least I'm not hungover the next morning, as I am with that nasty green stuff (gotta be careful, don't want a lawsuit!)

Something wonderful happened today, and it gave me a good feeling about strangers. I mis-booked our stay in the South. I didn't realize that the troops would be allowed "out" on the last evening and when I tried to lengthen the stay at the hotel we are staying in for the first 3 days, I was told they are full up. So I started calling and checking online. When I called a B&B in Laurel, Mississippi (The Laurel Inn B&B, for anyone heading into that area AFTER March) the very nice proprietor told me that they are completely booked, but that she would give us HER room and sleep in the den, and wouldn't care what time we needed breakfast! Now that renews my faith in people.

Everyone is already cogitating about the State of the Union address. Just a couple of things I would want to hear.... I Quit. I'm Sorry for Lying.... oh yeah, laughing all the way around the block. ...

Talk to you later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh! "Pretty In Pink" comes to mind. Gosh, can hardly wait till my daughter-in-laws deliver this summer. The photos make me want to reach out and hold her!

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

ohhh how precious!
state of the union address.... snort...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments on my dental agony, lol. Much better this week! :-)