Thursday, January 26, 2006

Getting a cold is just NOT in my plans. But I am getting one. can't breathe. Work was miserable. When I got to work, I thought I was having an allergy attack, but now I know it's a cold. Trying some herbal teas and echinachea.

I have been on Bring It On, a web blog that I visit just about every day. There are some women on there, wives or mothers of military members who either are in Iraq, or just got back. That makes for some harrowing reading, folks. As an Anglophile, who lived in England for many years, I read the British papers a lot, as well as the washington post, LA times, some small town papers of places we want to go. Anyway, I was glad to see the articles about Prince Harry who has joined the Army, specifically the Blues and Royals, and will be going to Iraq if they are deployed. Isn't it amazing, the 3rd in line to the throne will go to a war zone, but NOT ONE of the children of the administrations highest leaders, The Shrub, Cheney, Rummy, or of the hawks in Congress are in uniform? Does this bother ANYONE else?

Husband just called from the new place, living in a warehouse full of beds. they are supposed to head out to tentville soon. But at least the food is better, says it might be that they use some salt and pepper! For someone who likes TASTE, this army food just sucks.

Weather here is getting wierd. in the 40's (it should be in the 20's) so the snow is melting and we are getting mud everywhere. ick. It should be like this for a couple of days.

Well, you all take care. Talk to you later.

No comments: