Sunday, February 05, 2006

Winter has returned to Minnesota. It is 3 degrees outside this morning. Luckily I had the heat system checked last week, and sure enough, the on demand hot water heater WAS having a problem. Hopefully, it's fixed for the winter. The little wood stove inside is crackling beautifully and the kettle on top is steaming.

Baby news: She's eating well, and sleeping enough that Mom & Dad can get some too. And her grandma has got to stop shopping for her! But I find these cute little outfits.... Crocheting more blankets too.

If you haven't been to Bring It On http://www.teambio.org/ you are missing some great discussions, as well as being able to contribute to the Bake Sale for Body Armor. A great cause, so hop on over and take a look.

I am supposed to be at an FRG meeting, but I have come to realize that I have little in common with the other family members, especially with the little clique that seems to be running things. They have, as always, known each other for a long time, and the rest of us are barely tolerated as interlopers. Plus, I cannot put up with the "rah rah" rightwing attitude any more. My temper is getting shorter, the longer I listen to them, so I think I'll just make a clean break, keep in touch with those family members I would like to, and forget the organized group.

The job is making me nuts! But hopefully there is some improvement in the future. Of course, I am still job hunting, and hoping that some of the applications I have been sending in will be responded to. Lots of hoping here, huh?

Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey LAW, thanks for the link! Minnesota ey? Used to live in Brooklyn Park. My brother still lives out there.

Not having the heatwave you expected huh?

I love MN!!! Had a blast living there!

Anonymous said...

I am not even going to be a Grandmother until mid to late summer and I already have one whole room set aside in my house for all the baby things I have bought, lol.

Keep in mind though, BOTH my sons are going to be first-time Dads this summer. So, I still have loads more stuff to buy. tee hee