Friday, February 10, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow... etc etc. and it is, quite nicely. It's pretty too, covers up the Snert and the yellow snow... Don't think we'll get more than a couple of inches today.

Last day at work yesterday, it was wonderful to realize I wouldn't have to put up with that level of crap anymore. Of course, the two pains in the butt were up to their usual shit. Sheer nastiness and juvenile behaviour.

Now, I know I told you before, to go to Bring It On. But this time you HAVE TO! You must read the following post.
http://www.teambio.org/2006/02/a-troop-weighs-in-on-the-debate-of-whether-political-dissention-by-the-left-hurts-the-troops-and-their-war-efforts/#comments
Written by a troop just recently (in the last 2 weeks) returned from the Big Litter Box. If you want to know how a lot of guys think, read that.

Baby news: (well, that's what you come for, so here goes) She's doing well, eating up to 4 ounces at a time and only occasionally spitting it all back up. Just got one of the disposable cameras back from Son and DIL, so I'll get that done tomorrow, and post at least one of them for you.

Having carpenters in, to give me quotes on the work I need done in the cupola and basement. One is my neighbour, one of the others is an older gentleman.. nice man, I think he'd be great. Got a couple more to talk to, I also like the dog to meet them. I trust her opinion too.

On the Job Hunting Front: I have an interview on Monday. I was hoping for two, but one of them is a no no, due to conflicts with a prior job/case. Ah well. It would have been fun. I am, however, going to hold out for a certain amount of $$. No, I won't just take anything (again) for a lesser amount of money. I also am going to be helping whichever carpenter I hire, being "GoFer" again. Did that a lot when we were building the dome originally. After all, changing that basement junk room into a nice bedroom and getting the cupola finished will add a lot to the price of the house when we are ready to sell.

Heard from an old and good friend, who is now at Bagram AB in Afghanistan. Says it's a REAL pit.

"If any are interested, we are living in plywood "hootches", and my living space within that hootch is about 10' x 10' and everything is covered in dust - constantly. Lovely place. There are derelict/destroyed armored vehicles, shot up buildings and large areas of the base are still off-limits due to land mines. And just think, this base is considered to be the place to be."
Sounds awful... so I am off to bake oatmeal raisin/craisin cookies for him. Husband is out of phone contact, so I have no news from him to impart.

Take care of youse. Talk to you later.

No comments: