Tuesday, February 07, 2006

There are times I despair, really I do! A person at a higher level of the FRG hierarchy has been sending out generalized emails, including invitations to "Couples" events. I responded to one of the emails saying that my other half was in the South. That is literally all I said. (see below) To which said person sniped back, saying that she had all the FRGs on a general distribution list, and that even those units that are mostly deployed have some stay behinds that could use the information. And then she told me she was offended by my tone. Well, kiss my royal blue behind. Offended? Here's my first message to her, with her name deleted.

"One problem *****.. our other halves are in Louisiana!!!"

What tone? because I was trying to make light of the fact that he's not here?

I got pissy, I'll admit it. Told her that I was offended by being sent information concerning Couples events, which just re-inforces the fact that I am alone, again... Then I told her that She was not permitted to lecture me, ever. Tell me, is it so hard for them to set up a separate email address list for those of us who are alone, and a separate one for those who aren't?

When I told the husband about this crap, he agreed that it was insensitive and obviously ridiculous. The friends I have discussed this with are amazed that someone who is supposed to be trained to HELP family members is this dumb. Why is this bothering me so much? It's just the latest little niggly thing, in a pile of niggly things that has been piling up. Between the FRG crap, the crappy job, my back is killing me, the dog is being a real pain, and today is the last day the husband will be able to call, they are going into a "lockdown the phones" part of training. So he'll be out of touch for two weeks, yeah of course over Valentines day... Just another niggly thing to piss me off. AND I need to lose weight over the next month, but when I'm pissed off, or cranky, FOOD is my crutch. And carrot sticks don't cut it. And then I watch the ridiculous reactions to a couple of cartoons.... dumb, dumb, dumb.

Sorry to be so crabby. Talk to you later.

No comments: