Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 13 - or how we spend a long weekend



Taping, taping, Painting, cleaning, packing. The owner finally got the carpets cleaned, on Saturday! he's had two weeks - picks our first painting day... so we packed, took down curtains at the apartment (taking anchors out of greenboard walls - sucks!) spackling, packing... did I mention packing?

The picture? well, the bedroom isn't going to be cafe au lait. It's rising sun warm yellow, like the living room and den, because I'm so sick of trying to find the colour! every time I think I have it, we put a little on the wall from the sample pot... and let's see, it's either babyshitbrown, or pink. neither of which is acceptable. So a little more painting today, some closet rod putting up.. then more... wait for it......................packing! Trying to get the entire kitchen moved before the movers come. yes, makes no sense, but I really hate trying to find where something was stowed. Tucker? sound familiar??

Finding some strange quirks in the house - I could NOT for the life of me figure out what this funny sound was, then I realized. It was tipping rain, over an inch yesterday... It was the sump pump circulating on.. running for a minute.. then off. So, THAT works. The big question remains - what will the cat think of the new digs? We move in 2 days, I'll let you know!

LAW

No comments: