Sunday, March 08, 2009

Spring!

Not just the clock, either! (oh I forgot those... so it's late now) but the weather! in the 70's... It's marvelous. I ended up taking a walk yesterday.

And I miss Chief. I took the walk we take, and looked at the gardens at the townhomes. The crocuses are up, the daffodils are starting to bud, the tulips are beginning to force the tips of their leaves out, some trees are tentatively budding.. The townhouse with the fantastic rose garden is up for sale - about 12 of the units in that group are. We usually talk about which one we'd want, that we have to have a garage (one or two of those are for sale too!) that we want an end unit - one of those is available - they are military I think.

so I missed that, missed the chats, the "what if" and the gardening discussions, what we'd do with the little back area... I missed it.


LAW

13 comments:

Bette said...

We prepare ourselves to miss the big stuff, but sometimes it seems like it's the little stuff that really gets us. I'm already missing the neighborhood walk-n-talks with my sweetie as well.

Vypergirl said...

The weather has been gorgeous! I am sorry that you are having to miss Chief again!

FatBoy should be here anytime now!

Cortney @ Box & Bay said...

I so agree with Bette! I was prepared for the big stuff, it is the little stuff like the walks and the talks and all the little things we never thought to miss that end up making us miss them the most. I hope you are doing well and that you are enjoying the weather! It is still snowy here!

Lazarus Long said...

Miss you too

Anonymous said...

You give me hope. How long have you guys been married and look how sweet you are....thanks for this post.

Butterfly Wife said...

Enjoy the nice weather and your walks. Maybe try a new route for a new time and you'll have something to share with Chief.

Kanani said...

Well, take plenty of pictures of the garden as it blooms and make sure you send them to him.

Ann M. said...

Sometimes even the things that you don't think will get you, get you.

Sending you a hug.

Jennifer said...

Moving by myself while he was deployed? Piece of cake.
Sunday mornings. The paper, coffee / tea, NPR, walking the dogs. By myself? Those days were the hardest.
Enjoy the weather.
You're in my thoughts.

loqi said...

*hugs*

The Mrs. said...

What a lovely sentiment in this post. Hang in there.

spring hasnt quite hit up here. I'm jealous to hear that you have flowers in bloom where you are!

Unknown said...

Not wrong keep it up i find comfort shirt

Mrs. Mootz said...

This post made me weepy. I'm with you 100%...sometimes its the little conversations and the daydreams we talk about that I miss the most.

Spring...yay! I dusted off my flip-flops the other day!