Saturday, March 31, 2007

Rain, rain, puddles everywhere

It's been raining for days. Literally... days. The driveway is mud. The ponds are full, and the road is full of muddy potholes. Spring in the upper midwest. We are under a flash food watch!

Sewing my first Soldier's Angel blanket, 2 pieces of fleece with carpet stitch. ow ow ow. I need a thimble or three... This is the Marine one, one piece has Marine pattern, the other piece is dark blue and I'm doing Blanket Stitch in red. The Army pattern one is backed in black.. and the stitching will be gold/yellow. A friend of mine just called, she found sterling silver angels at a craft show for me. So it's all coming together!

The funeral for the latest soldier in our National Guard is this week. Please hold his family and those of the soldiers who were wounded in the same incident in your thoughts.

LAW

2 comments:

Cat is my co-pilot said...

Hi LAW! I've visited several times before but this is my first attempt at commenting. Congrats on the blanket! Here you are, sewing a BLANKET, and here I am, congratulating myself for remembering to buy water balloons for my Monday's care package. Hmmmmm... :D Nice to meet you, btw!

Anonymous said...

Awww. A cuddly blanket! I need to find a good blanket for my adopted soldier. You should post pics of your creation! Nice to see another liberal angel (I'm discovering they are far and few)!!