Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day

to all of us. My DIL and I were talking last night, she has a relative about to marry a Ranger. She was asking me my advice and what to get her. I told her about a couple of books - Married to the Military (yeah, the pink camo sucks, but the book is good) and then Help, I'm a Military Spouse and I want a Life too. DIL said " it's a lot harder being the wife, than being active" She's been both. It was a sweet thing to say, don't you think?

Anyway. Happy MSAD to all..



Whennrome said...

Yeah my hubs swears its harder on my end too. Happy Spouse Appreciation Day to you too

jb said...

I looked at "Help, I'm a Military Spouse..." on Amazon and the language freaks me out a little bit. I mean, it's one thing to "think positively", and another to try and explain to your boss that being a military wife actually means that you have lots of the same requirements as the men in uniform, and that you need some unique types of flexibility to further your career.
I am super lucky, in that I get to work remotely 2 weeks a month. I fly between where my fiance is stationed and the big city where my job is based. I just wish that all women had flexible enough bosses so that they can do what they love and be a good wife.
I guess I need to read the book before I judge it.