Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day

to all of us. My DIL and I were talking last night, she has a relative about to marry a Ranger. She was asking me my advice and what to get her. I told her about a couple of books - Married to the Military (yeah, the pink camo sucks, but the book is good) and then Help, I'm a Military Spouse and I want a Life too. DIL said " it's a lot harder being the wife, than being active" She's been both. It was a sweet thing to say, don't you think?

Anyway. Happy MSAD to all..

LAW

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yeah my hubs swears its harder on my end too. Happy Spouse Appreciation Day to you too

jb said...

I looked at "Help, I'm a Military Spouse..." on Amazon and the language freaks me out a little bit. I mean, it's one thing to "think positively", and another to try and explain to your boss that being a military wife actually means that you have lots of the same requirements as the men in uniform, and that you need some unique types of flexibility to further your career.
I am super lucky, in that I get to work remotely 2 weeks a month. I fly between where my fiance is stationed and the big city where my job is based. I just wish that all women had flexible enough bosses so that they can do what they love and be a good wife.
I guess I need to read the book before I judge it.