Sunday, October 08, 2006

It's been a while

Ok. So, it's been a while... sorry, been incredibly busy. Work has been busy, intense, and almost too much. I've been getting the house ready to list, and for the Dome Tour, which is a tour that our architect puts on. I thought it would be a good first open house, and jeeeez, it was a LOT of work. This place is sooooo clean. There are a lot of things stashed away in strange places. But there weren't too many people on the Tour, and I don't think we even got a nibble of an interested buyer.

Our Webcams work! terrible quality picture and freezes up often, but it's great to see his face. I've been on a few military wives blogs, and some of their husbands don't get near a computer or a phone that often. So we have to consider ourselves very lucky!! Some of these women are in sucah a lousy position. they are alone, in a strange place, with their husband's deployed, nasty FRG and others... So the blogs and websites are a great venting point. And most of them don't seem to mind my liberal leanings (ha ha)

Because of the tour, the dog is at the kennel (or as we call it, the spa) the cat is enjoying the freedom to go anywhere. And it's nice and quiet. As husband said this morning -- she's just a LOT of dog. I'm enjoying the quiet too. So, if anyone out there knows anyone looking for a come house w/ten acres up in Central MN, let me know!

Everyone take care. hug your family.

LAW

5 comments:

Aunty Pol said...

Yeah for web cams !!!!!!!!!

Glad the OH went well...chanting and good Karma for nibbles and a good offer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hugs to you and the Brudder......off to blog a bit myself

Love

Me

Susan said...

I would so love to have a webcam! Sadly, when they guys have to use the internet cafe, that doesn't work so well. I'm glad that you get to see your hubby! Don't tell my hubby you have acres for sale! He'd so be all over it.

Anonymous said...

Webcams are AWEsome--what program do you use to communicate? Hubs and I have found that MSN Messenger (or whatever name they're calling it these days) has the most reliable stream. If it locks up on you, make sure you don't have anything else running that will interfere--no webpages, streaming music, or anything else that is constantly accessing the internet. I was able to chat with him in cafe's, too, but I'm sure that's different with each one.

Good luck with the house sale!

Anonymous said...

btw, I've read your comments at Spousebuzz and as a liberal army wife myself, who is stuck in this town and will not be able to PCS with my hubs (custody issues regarding my son), I think we have some things in common. I just read your comment about only seeing your husband on vacations, etc, for so long, and that will be the life for me and mine for the next 2.5 years at least. If you'd like to shoot me an email, I'd appreciate it--
sissyben (at) gmail (dot) com.

I always enjoy reading your comments!

Susan said...

With luck and prayers, this won't be an issue for very much longer.