Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You GOTTA be kidding me!

Dick Cheney has outdone himself. he has decided (no, he's NOT the Decider, he runs the Decider) that the one who is truly affected by the loss of life in Iraq is... (drumroll for stupidity, please) the Preznent. Let's recap, shall we?

We were going into Iraq because (pick one, they tried them all...) WMD, Saddam Hussein was going to help AlQuaeda, Saddam had already helped AlQuaeda, he was getting the Bomb. No, we went in because Dickie and George and Rummie and the rest of them wanted to. Now, not ONE of them has a family member in uniform. NOT ONE. Shrub prancing about in a flight suit doesn't count. I may not like McCain, but he DOES have skin in this.

They were warned, we need more men, better equipment. The sheer rage I felt when we heard the "we go in with the army we have...." Now, correct me if I'm wrong... we didn't HAVE to start the conflict in Iraq. we could have waited and had the right equipment, right? No one invaded us. OH PLEASE, I can hear the right wingers now... they attacked us on 9/11. ONE MORE TIME - there were no Iraqis in that group, no proof ever that Saddam Hussein was in any way involved. the secular Baathist government of Iraq was a supremely evil group, run by a true piece of slime, but it was NOT responsible for 9/11.

Anyway - to get back to the subject. So, they were warned, more men, it's not going to be the piece of cake they wanted... the people were NOT going to strew flowers in our path. and the general who warned them, fired. anyone who warned them, gone. Then... oh, it was only a few loyalisssts, and some terrrrrrsts. there's no civil war in Iraq... how much more drivel do we have to listen to? how many more lies? and do they believe any of it??

Now, I don't know how we leave, who do you want to be the last one out? I don't see an end here, and it scares me, and it makes me angry. I look at the men and women in uniform on post, on the Metro... and I worry.

I had some good news today, a woman I worked with earlier emailed me and told me her son was home, from his second tour in the Litterbox. Breathed a little easier! but how many of my blogging friends have boots in the sand right now.. and we breathe a sigh of relief as they come home and dread the next deployment.


For those who got us into this disaster, I hope, oh how I hope, that there really is karma. what goes around, will come around.

LAW

4 comments:

kimba said...

I honestly don't know how there are any people left in this country who support this pair of swindlers. There will be no end to the mess these two and their accomplices have gotten us into.

jb said...

I must say that I do feel somewhat vindicated, having despised this administration from the beginning. It doesn't help our reputation overseas, of course, but I remember when any critique of the war was sacrilege, and my girls the Dixie Chicks weren't on the radio anymore.
One definition of the word "sacred" is "that which cannot be questioned". And for awhile there, this war was a sacred calling. That said, the deception we went through was atrocious.
There's a part of me that wonders if people just need something to define their lives, something to hold on to that has some clarity, and this war filled that void, that fear. And it makes me sad that there weren't better alternatives.

The Catharine Chronicles said...

Oh, no wait! MY personal favorite part when asked about the counter rolling over to 4,000 dead Americans was when he said, "Well, they were all volunteers."

Why is it you can never find an acute myocardial infarction when you need one?

(Was that mean? Oh, I'm sorry.)

~C~

Mrs. Mootz said...

You've been tagged on my blog! Check it out for details :)